The former captain of the football club Arsenal, decided to change the club. Aubameyang is officially a Barcelona player.
|Read also – World Cup Qualification 2022: South America Round 16|
Pierre-Emerick Emiliano Francois Aubameyang – is a Gabonese and French footballer who plays as a striker for FC Barcelona and captain of the Gabon national team. The best scorer in the history of the Gabon national team.
Barcelona announced the transfer of the 32-year-old Gabonese on its official website. Aubameyang got the club for free, because he had previously agreed to an early termination of the contract with Arsenal.
The agreement is valid until June 30, 2025 with the possibility of early termination at the end of the 2022/23 season. The compensation amount is 100 million euros.
Also, Abumeyang can already make his debut in the next match against Atlético, which will take place on February 6 at the Camp Nou.
- African Footballer of the Year: 2015;
- Top scorer of the German championship: 2016/17;
- Top scorer in the English Premier League: 2018/19;
- English Premier League Player of the Month: October 2018, September 2019;
- Member of the UEFA Europa League Team of the Year: 2016/17, 2018/19.
Aubameyang has 7 goals and 2 assists in 15 appearances for Arsenal in all competitions this season. The striker has not played for the club since December, when he got into a disciplinary scandal.