France national team – made an unreal comeback with the Belgium national team
On October 7, in Turin (Italy), the Belgian national team met with the French national team and lost with a score (2:3) in the semifinals of the League of Nations.
|Read also –Italy: Spain – match result.|
The Belgians were leading 2-0 to the break, but in the second half the French national team responded with three goals – Theo Hernandez scored the winning goal in the 90th minute.
Nations League A.1/2 finals
Belgium – France 2:3
Goals: Carrasco, 37, Lukaku, 41 – Benzema, 62, Mbappe, 70 (pen.), T. Hernandez, 90 + 1
Belgium: Courtois – Alderweireld, Denayer, Vertongen – Castagne (Batshuayi, 90 + 2), Witsel, Thielemans (Wanaken, 70), Carrasco de Bruyne, Lukaku, E. Hazard (Trossard, 74).
France: Lloris – Kunde, Varane, L. Hernandez – Pavar (Dubois, 90 + 2), Pogba, Rabio (Tchuameni, 75), T. Hernandez – Griezmann – Benzema (Veretu, 90 + 7), Mbappe.
Highlights in the match
- The French national team managed to recoup and score 3 goals, which were enough to reach the final;
- Theo Hernandez scored the winning goal in the 90th minute;
- Belgium scored in the 87th minute, but the goal was not awarded as it was scored from an offside position;
- De Bruyne gave two assists in the match (this is a very good indicator);
- The second goal, the French national team scored from the penalty spot. Mbappe implemented it confidently.
In the final, France on October 10 will play against Spain at the San Siro.