Leicester draw with Roma in the first leg of the 1/2 finals of the Conference League

April 28, the first semi-final match of the Conference League between Leicester and Roma took place. The teams played at the King Power Stadium in Leicester.

Read also – Liverpool defeated Villarreal in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final

Leicester 1-1 Roma

Goals: Pellegrini, 15 (0:1). Mancini, 67 – own goal (1:1).

Line up:

Schmeichel, Fofana, Evans, Ricardo Pereira, Castagne (Justin, 21), Tielemans, Maddison, Albrighton (Barnes, 62), Dewsbury Hall, Vardy (Iheanacho, 63), Luckman (Perez, 83). Rui Patriciu, Carsdorp, Roger Ibañez, Smalling, Mancini, Cristante, Pellegrini (Vigna, 85), Zalewski (Afena Giang, 85), Mkhitaryan (Veretu, 57), Abraham, Zaniolo (Sergio Oliveira, 69).

Warnings: Dewsbury Hall, 26′. Vardy, 59′. Abraham, 8′. Zagnolo, 63′.

Referee: Del Cerro.

One of the highlights of the Conference League semifinals began with both sides getting off to a strong start.

Leicester could have scored in the first five minutes of the half, but Timothy Castaigne’s shot flew past the right post. But on 15 minutes, the visitors opened the scoring. Lorenzo Pellegrini’s powerful shot from the left flank flew straight into the hosts’ goal.

After conceding, the hosts did not give their opponent anything to do, the club possessed the ball and tried to create dangerous moments to level the score, but in the first half the club failed.

After the break, Leicester made substitutions, which had a very good effect on the game, and the club still managed to level the score in this match. Lucman forced Gianluca Mancini to score an own goal after some impressive team play by the hosts.

After that, Roma changed their tactics in the game, but it was not successful, and Leicester meanwhile could have scored a second goal, thanks to Kelechi Iheanacho’s stunning shot from the edge of the field that went past the left post.

Minutes later, Schmeichel was called into action for the first time in the match after Sergio Oliveira’s shot was headed into the top corner, but the goalkeeper withstood the shot and prevented the equalizer.

In the end, the first semifinal match ended in a 1-1 draw. Everything will be decided in the return match, which will be played in Italy.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: