Lyon at the start of the French Ligue 1 will play at home with Ajaccio in the first round. The match will take place on August 5, starting at 19:00 GMT.
|Read also – Chelsea have officially confirmed the signing of Marc Cucurella from Brighton|
Ligue 1 2022-23
The team failed last season of the French championship, taking only eighth position, five points behind the European Cup zone.
Lyon carefully prepared for the season, holding control fights. At the same time, the team played eight friendly matches.
The club were denied a win in their last pre-season game as Inter Milan drew 2-2 on Saturday.
Ajaccio spent last season in France’s second-ranking division of Ligue 2, where they finished second, thanks to which they moved up in the class.
Only Toulouse lost four points, and the third Auxerre, which also returned to the elite, was ahead by one point.
In the off-season, Ajaccio played four friendly matches, in which they won only one victory – over Cholet (3:1).
- Lyon have been utterly dominant in this fixture, claiming 11 wins from the last 16 meetings between the two teams.
- Ajaccio have managed just two wins in this period, while the spoils have been shared on three occasions.
- Lyon head into the weekend on a four-game winning streak on home turf in Ligue 1, scoring 17 goals and conceding seven.
— Olympique Lyonnais 🇬🇧🇺🇸 (@OL_English) July 30, 2022
|Lyon win 1.36||Draw 4.75||AC Ajaccio win 8.50|
Lyon and Ajaccio will be looking to start their new league off to a good start, so there should be an exciting contest that will ensue as both teams play against each other in search of all three points.
Prediction for this match: Lyon win and both teams to score in 3.00.
- Result – Lyon.
- Both teams to score – Yes.
- Alexandre Lacazette to Score.