France Football magazine has named a list of 10 goalkeepers who claim the prize of the best goalkeeper of the year named after Lev Yashin.
The list includes such goalkeepers as:
- Alison Becker (Liverpool, Brazil);
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid, Belgium);
- Ederson (Manchester City, Brazil);
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern, Germany);
- Yassin Bono (Sevilla), Morocco);
- Edouard Mendy (Chelsea, Senegal);
- Mick Meignan (Milan, France);
- Jan Oblak (Atletico, Slovenia);
- Kevin Trapp (Eintracht, Germany);
- Hugo Lloris (Tottenham, France).
The publication France Football established the award in September 2019 – and, as you know, Alison Becker was the first to receive it.
In 2020, the award was not presented, and a year later, the Italian Gianluigi Donnarumma became its owner.